We have the generic resolutions we announce half-heartedly at the beginning of the year. These might include being healthy, prosperous and happy.
We tend not to delve further, and therein lies the problem.
If we don’t want 2017 to mimic years past, we have to be smarter. Listen up!
- What does a healthy body look and feel like? What about prosperity? Spend some time thinking about it.
- Buy yourself a journal and put your goals into categories.
- Break down the steps you will need to take to reach your goals. How much will you need to save in order to travel? How much do you want to earn each month, and how do you think you can achieve that figure?
- Free your mind! The possibilities are endless when you don’t limit yourself!
- What can you do today to create a better tomorrow? Break down your resolutions into workable pieces.
- Revisit your goals each week. Cut out pictures so you can visualize what you are aiming for.
- Create a budget for everything! It is a policy for your life as a whole. How much time do you intend to dedicate to exercise? How much do you want to save? What is your deadline? Have you factored in an hour or so to relax? How much sleep do you need? Is there a balance between being of service to others and yourself? Who are the people you want to spend more time with? It is imperative to have a framework around your life, to give it structure.
- Go wild with a dream board! Grab a notice board or piece of cardboard, and stick on words and pictures that speak of your goals. Put it somewhere that you will see it several times a day.
You can do this! You have all the tools you need to create a magnificent future.